All speech, written or spoken, is a dead language, until it finds a willing and prepared hearer." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Vampire's Kiss (1989)

This movie was absolutely terrible. I mean any person who love vampire movies, would be insulted or in shame seeing this! I love the actor Nicolas Cage in several different movies, but this movie wasn't his best work. I even saw the ratings 5.4/10.

 After an encounter with a neck-biter, a publishing executive thinks that he's turning into a vampire.

What kind of plot is this?! I mean if the person is a vampire, then the victim would either be a vampire or dead. I mean what kind of a vampire, would need to buy his own fangs?! That doesn't even make sense! I rather watch Twilight and see vampires glistening in the sunlight than seeing a supposed vampire buying his own fangs. Cage goes all mad talking to himself and imaging he's talking to people and even going off on other people. I even checked out wikipedia's version of what the movie is about. Still doesn't make sense. I will say this, Cage, has improved through the years as an actor. I'm sorry but this movie, wasn't his best work. I mean Jim Carrey could pull over being insane or even Jack Nicholson. I seen better 80's vampires: My Best Friend is a Vampire, Once Bitten, Fright Night (1985) so far I think of in the 80's. I mean if this was a comedy, I wouldn't find it funny. I mean Jim Carrey's role in Once Bitten was much more hilarious than this movie. Again, not saying Cage isn't talented but this movie wasn't his best work. 

Reason is because, I love vampire movies and very traditional. If something is off course unless, it makes logical sense, I wouldn't approve of it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment