All speech, written or spoken, is a dead language, until it finds a willing and prepared hearer." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wes Craven's My Soul to Take

I love Wes Craven and his movies, I mean I love Freddy Krueger! I have the DVD from beginning to his last Freddy Vs. Jason. Even love the Scream series and I love Vampire in Brooklyn. But after watching his latest work called My Soul to Take, I couldn't say that was his best work. I mean the plot sounded oddly familiar.

 "A serial killer returns to his hometown to stalk seven children who share the same birthday as the date he was allegedly put to rest."

I think that sounds oddly tad similar to Nightmare on Elm Street, now Freddy had a reason to have revenge on the first two series of the movie, but after words, it was more of a thrill kill. I mean killing off children of the parents that put him to rest was slightly reasonable than this serial killer in My Soul to Take. I mean what did the other children do wrong? I thought it was more of a thrill kill than having a reason to kill. I mean this story wasn't fully thought out. I love Wes, and appreciate his horror movies, but this one, I just can't look at it. I mean even watching from beginning to end, still didn't do anything to me. A good horror movie should have a balance of gore and comedy or something else oh yes and a decent plot: something Vampire in Brooklyn it was a horror movie and it was a comedy. My Soul to Take's plot made no sense to me, I rather watch John Carpenter's Halloween if this is the case. The idea could have been better, I think. I mean the guy deserve to die, he killed others, why made the innocent children die. I mean Nightmare on Elm Street children were innocent too, but that was a reason for retaliation, in this case. It's like the children are paying for their parents' sins for his death. Of course he would want revenge, and since he's a sadistic sandman, he needs energy from children to live. This clown of a serial killer is just killing innocent children. I mean I know serial killers kill, but i think they have more of a reason to kill and basic on birthdays or something. Where's the motive? I mean if he wants to kill, then kill off the one that put him to death! You don't have to take my word for it, but I just had to post this. After I saw it, I was absolutely disappointed by this movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment