All speech, written or spoken, is a dead language, until it finds a willing and prepared hearer." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My thoughts on the movie Weather Girl







I came across this movie through one of my best friends: Angelique, in the library. She asked me what did I want to watch on her NetFlix and I said whatever you want and then told me to pick a favorite actor, I had so many, but I chosen an actor I'm starting to really enjoy, his name is Jon Cryer. The only movie I seen him in was Pretty in Pink with Molly Ringwald. Then he's on the show my aunt, mother and grandfather watch is called Two and a Half Men. Anyway, Angelique and I came across this movie called Weather Girl, and thought it would be something fascinating and actually we did! It was pretty cliched, but it was a pretty good comedy. Funnily not only Jon Cryer was featured in the movie but two more people from Two and a Half Men were in the movie as well: Marin Hinkle (plays Judith in the show) and Jane Lynch( plays the psychiatrist in the show from time to time). This movie was about a weather girl name Sylvia she was 35 years old, and for some, that means the person is old or getting old, she dealt with someone name Dale the anchorman who is also on the news cast that was cheating on her with a younger women. Sylvia exposed herself and Dale on national television and quit her job and stayed in with her younger brother only to get back on her feet. She couldn't stand to be called "sassy" it was practically a stereotype for her but, she's perky, but it's just her personality couldn't really help it. She had to encounter with all kinds of tribulations in the real world, tried to find Mr. Right and wanted part of her "life" back which wasn't much really. She fell in love with the neighbour Byron which was a computer geek, which she didn't and couldn't understand him or thought he wasn't her type. Then having a job as a waitress and realizing what she had before wasn't so much, she was in tears in the beginning and her make-up was smeared and after she gotten her life back but a better way of it, she showed those people at her previous job that she's moved on and is one tough cookie. Cryer doesn't play a major role in this movie, he played one of the men that Sylvia was trying to go out with, which is ironically in Two and a Half Men, he have trouble with women but apparently he knew what he wanted. Marin Hinkle played one of the women that was trying to cheer Sylvia up which turns out she really wasn't a friend to begin with, if I'm not mistaken, I would need to watch this film again and Jane Lynch played the manager of the restaurant, she was tough but she had a heart towards Sylvia which made her stronger. This film was released on July 10, 2009, which is funny because that's Neil Tennant's birthday from the Pet Shop Boys and then Jon Cryer in my honest opinion, kinda looks like Neil Tennant a wee bit. That's just me, this movie was pretty good, for something pretty cliched, it had me thinking about how even people with money go through difficulties in life. Will edit this post when I watch this movie again.
The cast can be seen on various websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment