All speech, written or spoken, is a dead language, until it finds a willing and prepared hearer." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Saturday, May 5, 2012

No Small Affair review


I took upon myself on checking out this movie. I was looking for a laserdisc of Pet Shop Boys’ It Couldn’t Happen Here, but I know that was too rare to be in Amoeba; however,  I caught up something that will probably forever spook me. I saw this movie No Small Affair and right behind it Liar Liar . I often told people that Jon Cryer resembled Neil Tennant and then Jim Carrey as Chris Lowe(possibly) in a movie based on them, hope I would be able to do it and then another look like on another artist. It was scary to see them right next to each other, and then the same day(kind of the next day), the movie came on, looked like fate to me. I thought the movie was pretty clichéd my pretty funny and fascinating. It’s basically about a photographer (Cryer) mistakenly took a photo of a singer (Demi Moore) by accident while he was taking a photo of the street sweeper and was on a journey to find her, and then both taught each other about life and love. Familiar faces were Jennifer Tilly, George Wendt, Elizabeth Daily,(also a voice over actor), Tim Robbins, and Jeffrey Tambor. It was a brief movie but it was funny and it was almost ironic because Cryer is acting with Ashton Kutcher(Moore’s ex-husband) on the new Two and a Half Men. This movie was released in 1984 in Columbia Pictures. I have two formats of this movie: Laserdisc and DVD. The DVD has a different photo of the movie. The quality was alright, I think it could have been a bit better, that’s just me. I personally didn’t know that Cryer was in a movie before Pretty in Pink(another good movie). I think it’s stil worth watching. This is a Jerry Schatzberg film.

No comments:

Post a Comment